Medline Academics - (IIRRH) collects personal data from Users.
When we refer to "we", "us" and "our", we mean Medline. When we refer to "You" "yours" we mean the user.
1. What personal data we might collect from you?
By "Personal data" in this policy, we mean information/data that can or has the potential to identify you as an "individual natural person" whether online or offline and/or combination of any such features.
Accordingly, we may hold and use personal data about you as a customer, a student, and in any similar or other capacity. We request that when you visit our websites www.smartonlineeducation.com before you complete the form, provide your acceptance and then access our services. On the alternate you might also speak to us on +91 9663222655 or write to us at [email protected]
2. Personal data we collect from you might include the following:
- Information you give us when you visit our webpage/URL/www.smartonlineeducation.com for the purposes of registration; enquiry; browsing to explore updates in the medical profession. Such information you provide includes your name, sex, age, e-mail address, address/location, phone number/mobile number, password, education qualification. Pan card number, Aadhar card number etc.;
- Information related to your educational background & qualification from metric/class X to the current; employment information/occupation from starting to the current, professional experience, location of work, previous and current employers; location of your business entity;
- Information-details of referrals, quotes and other contact and correspondence we may have had with you;
- Your feedback we receive regarding the enquiry and performance, quality of our programmes;
- Recordings of the calls we receive or make;
- Transaction related information such as payment made to us, your financial or debit/credit card information, bank account details;
- Information/data we have lawfully obtained from any other sources, including from your use of websites and other digital platforms we operate or the other services we provide, information from business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you;
- Where you use any of our websites, we may automatically collect personal data about you including:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
3. When is your personal data collected? Your personal data is likely to be collected when:
You visit one of our websites;
Enquire about any of our services and products;
Register to be a user/customer or/and obtain any free trial service/demonstration of the class;
While filling any forms such as a survey (like customer satisfaction survey etc);
Perform the actual transaction through the website; making payments, including the digital ones;
Participation in any promotion or other marketing activity;
Using any of our interactive features/tools while on the website/app;
Calls to Medline and its agents will be monitored and recorded to improve our service standards.
We might receive your data from other third parties
We might collect personal data information about you from third parties such as from your employer; collage; educational institutions, universities if they are our corporate clients and/or who have taken any one of our services. We might become recipient to your personal data passed from them, such as your name, contact number and email address. We might connect with you in order to get in touch with you to arrange an appointment or collect further information from you.
4. Any change/correction to your data
You will be responsible to maintain the accuracy of the information you submit to us. Example: contact information provided as part of account registration. In case there is any change to your personal information, then it is your sole duty to change, correct, delete such inaccuracies, amend the correct and rightful information by carrying out the necessary and required change on while at the following link/address:
You are to note that any information provided to us if untrue, inaccurate, and/or out of date and/or incomplete, and Medline has all the reasonable grounds to suspect that the information is untrue, inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, then Medline in its sole discretion will forthwith discontinue the services & initiate necessary legal actions against for falsely providing the information.
5. Processing personal data:
6.Security of your personal data:
Medline is committed to protect & maintain confidentiality of your personal data as such we have ensured to place appropriate organizational and technical security measures in place to prevent any unauthorized access or unlawful processing of personal data and to prevent personal data being lost.
Any and all the payment transactions on Medline's website will be processed by a secured third-party payment gateway/processor. In case of any transaction on our website which require you to access only after entering a password, then you alone shall be responsible to maintain confidentiality of such password.
Medline, ensure that any information you transfer via our website is an encrypted connection. Maximum efforts in the form of strict safety and security procedures will be adopted to minimise the unauthorized access.
Medline will ensure to conduct timely assessments to ensure the ongoing security of our information systems.
To ensure that your information is stored securely, Medline ensures the following:
- Medline will place the necessary tools/resource to ensure confidentiality, pseudonymisation; and encryption of personal data;
- Medline will place necessary tools/resource to ensure restoration of availability and access to the personal data in a timely manner in any event of physical or technical incident;
- Medline will ensure timely performance/efficiency the tools/resources established to test; analyse; assess; the organizational measures designed to ensure processing of personal data;
- Medline ensures its User that only individuals/entities who are duly authorized from Medline will have the necessary access to personal data to the extent required to perform their duties and obligations;
- The personal data you provide will be held for as long as it is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Personal data that is collected from you might be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the India. Such information might be processed by staff operating outside India who might work for us or authorized from Medline.
- User to understand that Medline will utilize technology having end to end encryption to secure your personal data. Medline will utilize advanced cloud-based service provider and/or sub-contractors like the AWS, google cloud services provider, Azure etc. based cloud storage similar other cloud technology to store and protect & process the personal data in accordance with such sub-contractor's procedure and process.
- Medline shall obtain the necessary written authorization from authorities to engage any cloud-based service provider/sub-contractor in such jurisdictions as and where mandated by statute/law.
- Medline will notify its User of the locations where such personal data will be processed (like hosts, backups, maintenance, administration, help desk, etc)
- Following is the list of services and activities concerning the personal data and location information entrusted to the cloud-based service provider/sub-contractor:
- Medline ensures that it will respond to any requests from User in writing no later than 15 (fifteen) working business days upon receipt of any query from User regarding their personal data. User directly writing to the Service Provider must also ensure to notify Medline any of its/their concerns with relevant and adequate documentation to support of their claims (including the claim for breach of their personal data) no later than 24 hours after having the knowledge of such breach.
- User to note that if directed by any authority under a statute/relevant law, Medline will break the end-to-end encryption to trace the originator of any contents which are violative of the applicable law/statute.
- User is requested to write any questions/query regarding data protection to its data protection officer [email protected]
7. Medline is not obligated to retain/keep your Personal data:
Medline is not obligated to retain your personal data when the purposes for which it was collected is no longer necessary for that Purpose. Medline will destroy/delete without retaining any copy all the personal data of its User at the end of the required duration or completion of the purpose for which the data was collected. Upon request, Medline shall confirm the destruction of the User's personal data.
If the information at the time of disclosure is already in public domain or that it has become available to the public through no breach on Medline's part;
Medline has lawfully received from a third party who is free to legally disclose such information belonging to You;
Medline has obtained any release by written agreement from You;
Medline is obligated to disclose with legally mandatory regulations, a judicial or official order or decree, provided that written advance notice of such judicial action is given to you.
8. Scenarios when Medline will process Your personal data (note: this is not an exhaustive list)
When it is necessary for Medline to provide You with our services, i.e., to enable Medline to carry out our obligations to you arising from any contract entered into between us concerning services or products;
When Medline needs to bill, account and audit, credit or verify digital payment, anti-fraud screening; prevent any unlawful activity.
When Medline wants to provide you with updated information on its products and/or services for which you have placed a request.
When required; allowed & directed to respond by any law and authority to be processed as per the applicable law;
When you have explicitly provided your consent or use any of our interactive tools for direct marketing communications, participation in survey; poll;
When any Medline authorized third party acting on our behalf might provide services for products and services you have enrolled and /or opted;
When Medline wants to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided; notify and update changes in the products or services; to keep Your Personal Information updated.
When Medline access the quality of services you have received; including any concerns and/or complaints which you raise and requires investigation to set the same right and continue with the services.
When Medline conducts and analysis market research;
When Medline is obligated to defend itself against any claims, to exercise its rights and adhere to laws and regulations that apply to us and the third parties with whom we work;
When Medline intends to take part in, or be the subject of, any sale, purchase, merger or takeover of all or part its business.
9. How long do we retain your personal data?
Medline will retain the personal data as long as there is a reasonable business need/for the purpose for which it is collected,
Medline is in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and guidance will retain your personal data until completion of your course or your association with Medline or until for the purpose for which it is collected.
In case of any changes to the retention period as mentioned above, the same will be notified to you.
10. Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
In its usual course of business, Medline might to the extent reasonably necessary to disclose your personal data to certain third-party organizations/entities who support our services. Like our business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, IT support systems, deliver & logistic partners, any other third-party data processor etc.
Medline ensures that your data will be shared with any third party who operate under contractual restrictions with regard to confidentiality and security, in addition to their obligations under Data Protection Laws.
"Cookies" are small data in text file created when you browse and use Medline's website. Medline's server stores your browsing details and then place the same on to your device- computer or any other device you have used to browse Medline's browser. Generally, Medline places "Cookies" on the device you have used to access a Medline's website. Users are to understand that more than one cookie might be placed on your device during a particular session.
Learning and understanding your sign in (both the real time and history) so that we can recommend and provide customized features & services by suggesting our offers which suits your interest;
Learning and understanding your preferences such as your likes and dislikes, language;
Learning and understanding if there has been any activity which is or has tendency to amount fraud;
To improve security;
To share contents which are of your interests on our Medline website; and any contents from useful from third-party websites;
We will use the cookies for our internal and other reporting purposes which will enable us to analyze the performance of our offers, contents, products and services;
Information we collect through cookies
Possible information which is automatically collected through cookies might include: (list is not an exhaustive one)
Network and connection information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address which you have used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet.
Information about your Internet service provider;
Computer and device information, such as device, application, or browser type and version, browser plug-in type and version, operating system, or time zone setting;
The location of your device and/or computer;
Authentication and security credential information;
Any contents you download; playback details which might also include the duration and number of streams and downloads;
The URL (uniform resource locators) clickstream through and from our website, including the date, time. Medline's offers, product & service you viewed, searched for, the webpages response time, errors, other information such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs.
Manage your cookies settings:
Cookies are essential web browsing features, enabling you to access secure areas of Medline's website, which are essential while we provide you the services. You can change your cookie preferences at any time by changing your cookie settings in your browser settings. Restricting cookies will have an impact in optimizing your experience while using Medline's website.
Third party cookies: In the course of Medline's business, it is essential that we collaborate with other third-party providers to avail assistance to advance our offers; products and services. As such third-party entities such as the search engines providers, statical & analytic services providers, social network providers, advertising and event companies will use their cookies to deliver the requested content, which might also include the interest of your choice on our website. They use these cookies to understand and learn about users interest, choices, likes and dislikes, will measure the effectiveness of their services which they will provide on our behalf.
Below is a list of the Medline approved third parties that may set cookies when you use Medline's website. For more information on how these third parties will use the information they collect through cookies, please visit their respective website to better understand by reviewing their privacy policies.
Medline's Grievance Officer: Medline undertakes all reasonable efforts to address any of your grievances at the earliest possible opportunity. You may contact our Grievance officer at: [email protected]